- Stage photography
(Luciano Romano, Silvia Lelli, Rudy Amisano,
Laura Ferrari, Pino Ninfa,
Giovanni Hänninen, Lorenzo Di Nozzi)
- Digital image processing
- Studio photography
(Corrado Crisciani, Luciano Romano, Lorenzo DI Nozzi)
- Photography history and criticism (Roberto Mutti)
- Aesthetics and image composition
- Photo editing (Paola Riccardi, Laura Ferrari, Roberto Mutti)
- Guided practical exercises (Andrea Angeli, Laura Ferrari,
- Techniques of video shooting and editing (Andrea Angeli, Anna Frigo, Vito Lorusso)
- Performance reportage
- Introduction to audio technology (Andrea Ferrario)
- Introduction to musical theater and music appreciation
(Andrea M. Grassi, Fabio Sartorelli)
- Elements of visual design (Vinicio Bordin)
- Performing arts videomaking (Luca Scarzella, Anna Frigo, Michele Innocente, Felice Cappa)
- Video compositing
- Audio-visual techniques (Jacopo Guarneri)
- Elements of lighting design (Emanuele Agliati)
- Elements of direction (Daniele Abbado)
- Elements of photography directing
- Communication and New Media (Peter Maniura, Giulia Majer)
- Career orientation
(Marco Pasotti, Filippo Toppi)
- Elements of design
- Contract and copyright
- Self-entrepreneurship (Lorenzo Di Nozzi)
This list may be subject to change.
- Daniele Abbado, opera and theatre director, former artistic manager at Fondazione I Teatri di Reggio Emilia
- Emanuele Agliati, lighting designer
- Rudy Amisano, photographer at Teatro alla Scala in charge since 2005
- Andrea Angeli, videomaker, director and streaming staff coordinator at Accademia del Teatro alla Scala
- Umberto Bellodi, coordinator at Accademia Teatro alla Scala
- Vinicio Bordin, video designer, founder of the Karmachina Studio
- Felice Cappa, journalist, television author and video director
- Corrado Crisciani, photographer and photo teacher at Politecnico di Milano
- Gianfranco Daniele, business consultant
- Laura Ferrari, stage photographer and digital editing expert
- Andrea Ferrario, producer and sound designer, founder of the Bebop Studio in Milan
- Anna Frigo, filmmaker
- Andrea Grassi, musicologist
- Jacopo Guarneri, coordinator at Accademia Teatro alla Scala
- Giovanni Hänninen, photographer and visual artist
- Michele Innocente, video designer
- Silvia Lelli, stage photographer, founder of the Lelli & Masotti Studio, in charge at Teatro alla Scala from 1979 to 1996
- Vito Lorusso, film maker
- Giulia Majer, new media and direction expert
- Marcello Mencarini, photographer, founder and artistic director at Rosebud2, artisticdirector at Todi Immagine Festival
- Roberto Mutti, journalist, critic and curator of photography exhibitions, founder and artistic director of Photofestival Milano
- Pino Ninfa, photographer and visual artist
- Paola Riccardi, photo editor, curator of photography books and exhibitions
- Luciano Romano, stage photographer, founder and artistic director of the Grafiluce Studio in Napoli
- Fabio Sartorelli, musicologist
- Daniele Savi, photography director
- Luca Scarzella, video director, founder and artistic director of the Vertov Studio
- Filippo Toppi, coordinator at Accademia Teatro alla Scala
This list may be subject to change.
Length and attendance
The course will last from November 14, 2023 to November 8, 2024.
The attendance is mandatory, Monday to Friday from 9.30 am to 1.30 pm and three afternoons each week, from 2.30 to 6.30 pm.
Some theorical lessons could be proposed online.
Requisites for admission
- At least 18 years old;
- basic knowledge of photography technique;
- basic knowledge of digital image processing
- good teamworking skills.
Scholarships and loan
Scholarships, tuition exemptions, student loans, and other
forms of financial aid bring training of the highest artistic
quality complemented by direct practical experience in the
chosen field within the reach of all.
One or more scholarships covering all or a part of tuition are
available to students who pass the selection process and
Students whose ISEE (Equivalent Financial Status Indicator)
is 20,000 euros or less are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
Application instructions will be provided at the end of the selections in a specific
Merit loans and student loans.
Thanks to the collaboration of certain banks, Academy
students in good standing may also benefit from other forms
of financial aid to cover tuition or lodging costs.
For further information, please contact the teaching office:
The selection process consists of two steps:
- a written test to assess basic knowledge of photography and
digital image editing;
- an individual interview including review of candidate’s personal
photography portfolio (10-20 photographs).
The selection process will take place in two sessions: May
16–18, 2023 and October 5–7, 2023. Both sessions will be held
at the Academy facilities at Via Santa Marta 18, Milan.
Those who enroll in and pass the first session will be eligible
for a tuition discount. Those who do not pass the first session
will have the option of enrolling in the second session but will
lose the right to a tuition discount.
Download here the selections program
Workshop and fast track
The Academy will offer an introductory workshop from
September 11 to 15, 2023. Those who score 29/30 (twentynine
thirtieths) or higher will be admitted to the Photography, Videography,
and New Media Course without having to pass the selection
For additional information and the enrollment procedure,
visit the website page.