Main teaching Staff
- Costume-making techniques (Pasqualina Inserra and professional costume makers)
- Male costume-making techniques (Filippo Guggia, Antonello Voghera)
- Hat-making techniques (Gemma Vernò)
- Textiles (Luca Morando)
- Workplace safety (Sergio Antonio Tasca)
- Introduction to performance organization (Rita Citterio, Patrizia D’Anzuoni)
- Stage tailoring techniques (Professional stage tailors)
- Costume development techniques (Cristiana Malberti and Eleonora Rossi)
- History of theatre costumes (Maria Chiara Donato)
- History of ballet (Francesca Pedroni)
- Introduction to musical theatre (Andrea Massimo Grassi)
- Music appreciation (Fabio Sartorelli)
- English (Polly James)
- Contract law (Piergiuseppe Sciotti)
- Self-entrepreneurship (Gianfranco Daniele)
- Career orientation (Sarah Dominique Orlandi and La Scala Academy staff)
- Organizational conduct (Rita Cannata)
- Teambuilding in training courses (Valeria Miglio)
This list may be subject to change.
13 months, from 25 October, 2021 until 23 December, 2022.
Mandatory, from Monday to Friday, from 9 to 18. For educational needs, internship activities and some practical exercises may occasionally take place in the evening and in festive days. Any absence must be justified and may not in any case exceed 25% of the scheduled hours, under penalty of exclusion from the course, unless motivated by the Academic Board and the Academy Direction.
Prerequisites for admission
- Age between 18 and 29 years on February 26, 2021;
- possession of Qualification Professional and / or Diploma of
Secondary secondary school degree.
- Skills related to sewing techniques;
- basic knowledge of points by hand and machine points;
- interest shown towards the entertainment world
- work experience in the entertainment industry.
To access the course it is necessary to pass a selection test
which consists of:
- two written tests, one of which motivational, the other of attitudinal type;
- a practical test, to evaluate the basic knowledge of theatrical tailoring;
- an individual interview, aimed at verifying the candidate's motivations, aptitudes and expectations.
- Accademia Teatro alla Scala
- Accademia Teatro alla Scala Ballet School
- Teatro alla Scala
- La Scala "Ansaldo" factory
- Teatro Strehler
Registration fee of €85, to be paid with a bank transfer or with credit card, and attendance fee to be paid only with Bank SDD (SEPA Direct Debit) in installments.
Scholarships and loans
One or more partial coverage scholarships are available
total participation fee for students deemed suitable to the selection who will apply. It is also possible to access a loan at preferential terms called "loan of honor" for the payment of the fee and provided by a bank. The procedures for requesting the scholarship and the honor loan will be specified in a special call.
How to apply
To apply, please click on the button below between November 30, 2020 and September 19, 2021.
The application process runs in two steps:
PAYMENT OF THE REGISTRATION FEE
online, directly from the Accademia website, with credit / debit card or online bank transfer. You will be asked to enter your billing information (of an adult!) and create a username and password to activate a restricted area on the same site.
COMPLETING THE APPLICATION FORM
if the payment is successful, you will be guided to the restricted area of the Accademia website, where under "Applications (drafts)" you will find the application form to be completed within 72 hours with privacy consent, personal details of the student, contact details and attachments.
A digital photo will be requested, as well as your curriculum, passport and certification of studies. In addition, a printer is required to print, sign and attach to the form two documents (Rules of participations, available into the form, and the recap of transmitted data generated at the end of the application).
The system will guide you through the compilation step by step and will send you reminder emails at the end of each step.
The payment of the registration fee only is not a complete application! Remember to complete the application within 72 hours from yur payment, or you will have to provide a second purchase.