Candidates with a B.A. or equivalent who wish to pursue a career in the performing arts or cultural sector
Candidates with formal music, arts or dance education who wish to acquire managerial and organizational skills
Candidates without a formal degree who have a minimum of 3 years of working experience in any field and wish to pursue a career change. General knowledge of the non-profit sector would be advantageous
The age limit for admission to the Master is 35 years old.
To acquire a global vision of the international cultural sector, with a special focus on Europe, North America and emerging markets.
To recognize the relevance of public cultural policies at the local and international level.
To understand the economics, regulation and organization of the performing arts industry.
To study the impact of new technologies on the performing arts.
To learn how to use marketing, project management and fundraising tools.
To live the uniqueness of Italian cultural traditions and the extraordinary experience of Teatro alla Scala and of the city of Milan.
To learn by doing with field projects and internships at acclaimed Italian and international institutions.
Areas of interest and curriculum
Economics & Management
- Economic sustainability and performance management
- Management and innovation for the performing arts
- Human resources and corporate organizations
Production - Theatre as production model
- Festivals as production models
- Tour management intensive
- Orchestra management intensive
- Dance management intensive
- Supply chain management for the performing arts
-Marketing & Communication
- Performing arts marketing
- Communication for the performing arts - Field project in collaboration with Piccolo Teatro
- Development - Fundraising and sponsoring for the performing arts
- Present & future perspectives - Cultural policies, community engagement and education
- Focus on the US
- Emerging markets
Law and performing arts - Artistic administration intensive
- History of Performing Arts - History of music
- History of dance
- Professional Growth - Team building and negotiation skills - Arts and crafts in the performing arts
Accademia Teatro alla Scala | MIP Politecnico di Milano Graduate School of Business | Piccolo Teatro di Milano.
20 months, from November 2019 to June 2021
Coursework: full time
3-to 6 months of internship program in Italy or abroad (from June 2020 to June 2021, in different frames of time)
Final project work: a practice oriented project or an academic project
Final project defense
Accademia Teatro alla Scala | MIP Politecnico di Milano Graduate School of Business | Piccolo Teatro di Milano
About the 80% of the Master will be leaded in English; the remaining 20% will be leaded in Italian.
English (upper intermediate or above)
A fair knowledge of Italian is required.
Lectures in Italian will be translated by a professional interpreter
English and Italian preparatory courses will be available on request (not included in the tuition fee)
Course of Italian as second language: you can download here the announcement
to participate to the Italian course. Application deadline: September 27, 2019.
EU citizens: October 1 2019
Non-EU citizens: September 4 2019
Please note that enrolment is accepted on a rolling basis through a selection process planned, until full capacity of the class.
18 February 2019
22 March 2019
16 April 2019
31 May 2019
19 June 2019
22 July 2019
13 September 2019
9 October 2019
(*) In order to be interviewed in the dates indicated above, you must
submit your application at least ten days before. For more details, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
(**) Due to the large number of candidates, early applications are strongly encouraged.
The floor to the students
The floor to the lecturers
For candidates to the MPAM programme, a number of tuition fee contributions based on different parameters are offered.
FOR ITALIAN STUDENTS:
- 1 Gianluca Spina Scholarship
- 1 Accademia Teatro alla Scala Scholarship
- 2 Accademia Teatro alla Scala Scholarships related to a specific research project. More details will be available by the end of April.
FOR EU and EXTRA EU STUDENTS:
- 5 Italian Foreign Ministry stipends for 6 month;
- 2 Gianluca Spina Scholarships;
- 1 NIAF Scholarship for American citizen with a very strong Italian-American cultural heritage.
Further information available here