The educational program offered by the Accademia Teatro alla Scala encourages the active participation of its students (right from kindergarten age) so as to develop their creativity, and adopts a style of language that is both agile and familiar to the them.
The pupils are introduced to various aspects of musical theatre, from its organizational models, whose subdivision into a complex system of professional roles favours integration and the skills needed to work in a group pursuing a common objective, to its codes and its linguistic conventions - music, words, acting, scenography and action.
Lastly, students are then given an overview of the many professional openings offered by the theatre world.
- A TEMPO DI MUSICA [IN TIME WITH MUSIC]: getting to know music...playing!
- IL CORPO COME COMUNICAZIONE [THE BODY AS A RESOURCE FOR COMMUNICATION]: exploring space and time with one’s own body.
- LA FIABA DELL’IMMAGINE CONTEMPORANEA [A TALE ABOUT THE CONTEMPORARY IMAGE]: art, music and movement.
- ADESSO DIVENTO SASSO… ADESSO DIVENTO ACQUA… [NOW I’M GOING TO BECOME STONE...NOW I’M GOING TO BECOME WATER...]: awareness of one’s surroundings by stimulating sensorial perception.
- UN CORPO CHE SUONA [THE BODY AS A MUSICAL INSTRUMENT]: exploring the world of sound through the use of one’s body and every day objects.
- UNA CLASSE DI SUONI [A CLASS MADE WITH SOUNDS]: Five music workshops activated thanks to the support of the Nando Peretti Foundation.
- VIOLETTA E I COLORI DELL'OPERA [VIOLETTA AND THE COLOURS OF THE LYRIC OPERA]: visual art competition included within the project "Verdi and Wagner in the city. Bicentennial for Milan".
- LA MUSICA VA IN SCENA [MUSIC ON STAGE]: every step of a musical performance, from its initial conception to its actual performnce.
- VERDI E WAGNER IN CITTA' [VERDI AND WAGNER AROUND THE CITY]: special laboratories for both the Secondary School levels, as part of the celebrations promoted by the Municipality of Milan, in cooperation with Edison, for the bicentenary of the two composers.