The Accademia Summer Campus is a week-long program oriented to children ages 6 - 10, immersing them in the atmosphere of the arts and trades of musical theatre through expressivity development and hands-on artistic workshops.
The children will be active learners in the fundamentals of body language and expression, stage presence, music, voice, makeup, scenography, and costumes. The campus concludes with an open session to which parents are invited so that they can see the work done by the children over the course of the week.
The 2016 Summer classes are offered as follows:
- 1st week : June 13-17 - A Midsummer Night's Dream; SOLD-OUT
- 2nd week: June 20-24 - Aida; SOLD-OUT
- 3rd week : June 24 - July 1 - The Magic Flute; SOLD-OUT
- 4th week: August 29 - September 2 - Hansel and Gretel. SOLD-OUT
Four sessions of the campus will be offered during the summer. Each session includes the following workshops:
- theatre drama and improvisation
- body language
- vocal expressivity and choral singing
- techniques of theatre makeup
- creation of costumes and scenery using paper, fabrics and colors
Attendance: Monday through Friday, 9:00 AM to 5:15 PM. The last hour of the Friday lesson (5-5:30 PM) is open to parents and relatives. The certificates of attendance will be delivered at this time.
Prerequisites: Pupils must have attended elementary school during the previous school year (e.g. pupils enrolled in elementary school in 2015-2016 are eligible for the 2016 Campus).
Location: Accademia Teatro alla Scala, Via S. Marta 18, Milan.
Cost: the enrollment fee must be paid by credit transfer prior to submitting your application.
Application deadline 2016: closed.