Ballet School (ages 11-18)
- A SECULAR TRADITION. The Ballet School was founded in 1813 by Benedetto Ricci. Illustrious names have come and gone to its direction as Carlo Blasis, Olga Preobrajenska, Enrico Cecchetti, Cia Fornaroli, Ettorina Mazzucchelli, Esmée Bulnes, Elide Bonagiunta, John Field, Anna Maria Prina. Countless alumni have embarked on a career full of successes: Liliana Cosi, Oriella Dorella, Roberto Fascilla, Carla Fracci, Luciana Savignano, Paola Cantalupo, Marco Pierin, or the youngest stars Roberto Bolle, Sabrina Brazzo, Alessio Carbone, Gabriele Corrado, Mara Galeazzi, Gilda Gelati, Vito Mazzeo, Massimo Murru, Eris Nezha, Marta Romagna.
- DUAL DIPLOMA. Today, the school allows dancers to get a dual diploma in classical-academic and modern-contemporary ballet. The School prepares dancers of a very high professional level, able to fit in the most popular companies in Italy and abroad, first of all the La Scala Corps de Ballet.
- THE MOST FAMOUS NAMES AND TITLES. The intensification, in recent years, of workshops and seminars with internationally renowned choreographers and dancers has further enriched the already deep and rigorous preparation. In addition, the grant to the School of notes choreography of contemporary music from such artists as George Balanchine, Matz Ek, Jiri Kyliàn, just to name a few, played in the major Italian and European theaters, has further expanded the knowledge of the repertoire of the students.
TEACHING STAFF: Loreta Alexandrescu, Vera Karpenko, Paolo Podini, Leonid Nikonov, Tatiana Nikonova, Elisa Scala, Antonella Stroppa, Emanuela Tagliavia, Maurizio Vanadia and Paola Vismara.
Piano Coaches: Svetlana Chernova, Massimo Ciarella, Janna Eremeeva, Eliana Grasso, Marco Paderni, Artan Tushi.
» RECAP 2017/18
Duration: the complete path of the Ballet School lasts 8 years, each one from September to June. An exam is given at the end of each year. If admitted, all pupils are admitted for one academic year only and must reapply for following years.
Attendance: mandatory. Lessons are held Monday through Friday for levels 1-5 and Monday through Saturday for higher-level courses. Courses 1-3 meet in the afternoon, courses 4-7 are full-day.
Prerequisites for admission:
Candidates who are in the 5th year of elementary school during the 2016/2017 school year may apply for the Level 1 course.
For higher courses (Levels 2-7), the candidates must show that they are prepared to be admitted to the courses corresponding to their middle school or high school level.
Candidates for Level 7 must be under 18 years of age on Friday, March 24, 2017.
Selection: in order to be admitted to the courses, the candidate must pass a screening test, as described into the official Announcement (Point 7, 8 and 9). Please, download it and read it carefully. The admission tests will take place in late April at the Ballet School in Milan (Italy), according to the calendar specified at the point 9 of the Announcement. No other exam sessions are scheduled for the year.
Venue: Ballet School of the Accademia Teatro alla Scala - Milan | Accademia Teatro alla Scala - Milan.
Fees: registration fee to the selection of € 85 + attendance fees to be paid with a Bank SDD (SEPA Direct Debit) in installments. Please, read carefully the official Announcement for all the details about fees and tuitions, as for scolarships and exemptions available for admitted pupils. Download here the document to apply for scolarships/exemptions .
Application 2017/18: applications must be completed and submitted online, by clicking on the "Apply now" button, NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, MARCH 24, 2017.
The following documents (scanned) must be included with the application, as detailed into the official Announcement, point 6:
- valid identification for both parents or legal guardian (identity card or passport)
- receipt for payment of €85.00 (eighty-five euros)
- candidate’s codice fiscale (Italian national identification number) or statement declaring that the candidate does not have an Italian "codice fiscale"
- a professional quality photograph, passport format of the candidate's face
- account's holder codice fiscale (Italian national identification number) or statement declaring that the candidate does not have an Italian "codice fiscale"
Each document must must not exceed 1 MB. Documents must be in doc, docx, pdf, jpeg, jpg, png format only.
Download the announcement to find out more and please note that the staff is at your disposal: contact us for further infortmations!